Okay, so I’m not really into buying *so called* Educational Kits but as I was walking though Lowe’s one caught my eye.
I said to myself,
So I did! I purchased one.
Here’s the kit I purchased:
1 – Package of soil mixture
1 – Package Sphagnum Moss
1 – package containing a dormant Venus Fly Trap & a Pitcher Plant
The instructions say:
1. Fill the container with soil mixture.
2. Soak sphagnum moss in water (bottled, distilled or rain water) do not use treated water.
3. Place wet sphagnum moss on top of the soil mixture.
4. Leave enough space for watering, approx. 1/4 inch from top.
5. Plant the dormant Venus Flytrap and Pitcher Plant, roots pointing down, point of growth at surface.
6. Press the dormant plant firmly into the sphagnum moss.
7. Add 1/4 cup untreated water and put terrarium top in place.
(I’m assuming the terrarium top is the container it came in)
I can’t wait to see what happens if anything. I have done some research. The research I’ve done both plants are supposed to like wet or very damp soil. Think bogs or wetland wet/damp.
Check out this video!
My fingers & toes are crossed! I can’t wait to come back and give you an update. In the meantime if you have any questions shoot me an email. AND happy growing 🙂